Chablis-lovers: introducing the bubbly of your dreams.
One of the purest expressions of Blanc de Blanc we’ve come across in our travels, this 100% Chardonnay from Laherte Frères has a certain focused precision that commands one’s attention. Not a showy, extra, fou-fou Blanc de Blanc by any means, the Laherte Frères Brut Nature Blanc de Blancs is a lean, mean, (slightly-salty in a good way) bubbly machine.
- Champagne Laherte Freres is a family-owned house that has been in the Laherte family for seven generations; Auriélien Laherte has been overseeing the property since 2005.
- The grapes are sourced from vines planted in 75 different parcels, seven of which are farmed biodynamically.
- Unlike a lot of Champagne houses, 80% of the wines are fermented and matured in wooden barrels.
- For the Blanc de Blancs, the vines of Chardonnay are around 35 years old on average, harvested by hand, and vinified in small barrels with partial malolactic fermentation.
- Sunset beach dinner.
- An Inventing Anna marathon.
- Chocolate covered potato chips.