A red wine drinker’s white & a white wine drinker’s red
Trollinger (also known as Schiava) is the red that’s almost a dark rosé made for those who don’t really do whites in the summer. The acid zip balances out the fruit (overripe strawberry, deep dark cherry) for a wine that works well with many foods—or happy hour. The La Boutanche Trollinger is party-sized because this bottle appeals to both teams. *Serve chilled.
- This Trollinger (plus both the La Boutanche Riesling and Rosé) are made by Andi Knauss, a 4th-generation winemaker in Strümpfelbach, southwest Germany.
- La Boutanche is a collaboration series between Selection Massale and various winemakers to create a spectrum of affordable natural wines.
- Trollinger has more names than a career criminal, including: Vernatsch (Germany) and Black Hamburg (England.)
- Strawberry galettes glittering with demerara sugar.
- Any kind of BBQ eaten standing up in the backyard.
- The good mood inspired by the one time Tom Hanks was in a Carly Rae Jepsen music video.