Bojo & Burg lovers: take a trip to Spain.
This blend of 70% Mencía and 30% Merenzao sourced from 20-80+ year old vines is a lighter-bodied banger. The high altitude vineyards of Ladeiras do Xil are in the eastern part of the village of Santa Cruz in Galicia, where the ancient indigenous vines cling to steep cliff sides. The shallow and coarse soil lends for acidic and fresh wines that are food friendly and made with minimal intervention and low sulfur at bottling.
- Ladeiras do Xil is a joint project between Pablo Eguzkiza, Telmo Rodríguez and Jorge Saa.
- The purpose of the project is to restore some of the abandoned vineyards within Galicia’s unique and unforgiving terroir.
- The vineyard site is named “Falcoeira” by the locals due to the presence of falcons in the vineyard.
- The region is rural and biologically diverse, with ancient vineyards developed by monasteries that exist in harmony with the forests and local fauna.
- Tapas night.
- Serving this wine slightly chilled.
- Game of Connect Four.