A salty, fruity, party in a bottle!
This Pét Nat from Cali-based producer, Madison Wines, is composed of Chenin Blanc. The Chenin vines were planted during the late 1960s in a giant sand dune – because you couldn’t make this up. A unique bubbly with salinity and fruitiness aplenty.
- Madison Wines is helmed by Cole Thomas, whose background stems from agriculture prior to discovering how to craft natural wine in New Zealand.
- The philosophy at Madison Wines is all about the soil first, and Cole spends a lot of time rehabilitating vineyards with his growers.
- Sometimes the nearby ocean breezes whip up the sand, forcing it to bury the vine trunks in this unique block located in Los Alimos, California.
- Beach days.
- Outdoor Shakey Graves concert.
- Wearing cowboy boots to work.