A cider that tastes like comfort.
This rich, slightly oxidized cider from Virginia-based producer Patois Cider epitomizes rustic elegance. The Quaker Run Cider features a blend of 30% Roxbury Russet, 25% Ashmead’s Kernel, 19% Black Twig, 15% Grimes Golden and 12% Gold Rush apples, all done in the ancestral method for a bit of added sparkle. A small portion of the Russet apples were oxidized – just because.
- Patois Cider was created by Patrick Collins and Danielle LeCompte; they are all about balance and creating ciders that beautifully capture fleeting moments from small pockets of Virginia.
- The apples for this cider are sourced from a former commercial orchard in Madison that dates back to the 19th Century, when local kids would carry buckets of water up a mountain to irrigate it (in the snow both ways, of course.)
- The cider was aged in a mixture of neutral French oak barrels and glass demijohns.
- Cinnamon sugar doughnuts.
- Cottagecore dress.
- Running barefoot through a field, singing “The Hills Are Alive,” from The Sound of Music.