Taste this treasure from the Chenin-whisperer.
Thibaud Boudignon is one of the most exciting figures in wine, and makes some of the best dry Chenin Blanc in the world. La Vigne Cendrée is sourced from Practicing Biodynamic Chenin from the village of Savennieres, grown on gray schist and rhyolite soils. The wine was aged in neutral oak for just a little bit of extra structure.
- Thibaud Boudignon is originally from Bordeaux, and spent some time working at Château Olivier and Château Lafite Rothschild prior to working under Philippe Charlopin in the Côte de Nuits.
- His grandfather François lived in the South of France and grew table grapes.
- In the vineyard, Thibaud practices biodynamic viticulture; no vinification decisions are made until all the fruit is harvested.
- Rhyolite is a silica-rich volcanic soil.
- Avocado Toast.
- Summer days.
- Arvo Pärt listening party.