Taste a lean, mean, Languedoc-grown Syrah machine.
Jeremy Quatsana and Melissa Lavayasse’s 2021 vintage of Syrah is aromatic and intense, with loads of peppery, fennel aromas. It’s done in a leaner style, and the fruit this year was sourced from Pét Nat legend Anne Paillet from the Languedoc. It’s the perfect wine for those who love Syrah’s intense, brooding nature but aren’t all about heavy tannins.
- Jeremy Quatsana and his partner, Melissa, farm a couple of hectares within the Loir et Cher, near Cheverny.
- Jeremy learned his trade from Bojo legend, Marcel Lapierre, and has a knack for crafting interesting expressions of Gamay.
- His vineyard is composed of young Gamay, middle-aged Côt and old vine Gamay.
- Anne Paillet is best known for her Pét Nat, Autour de l’Anne “Wonder Womanne.”
- Tom Waits “Rain Dogs,” on vinyl.
- Lamb gyros with tzatziki.
- Spooky season.