Taste the unexpected –
Les Bressandes is a vineyard within the Corton Grand Cru appellation of the prestigious Côte de Beaune. This 17.4-hectare site is known for killer expressions of Pinot Noir, but natural wine legend Frederic Cossard saw the potential of its Chardonnay. The terroir is a mixture of sand and clay, and this expression of White Burg is nothing short of classic.
- Though Frederic Cossard’s lifelong dream was making wine, he followed his father’s wishes and worked in the dairy industry for several years prior to becoming a vigneron.
- Eventually, Frederic carved his own path and purchased some hectares within Saint-Romain and Auxey-Duresses so he could realize his childhood dream.
- In 1997, Frederic Cossard’s first vintage was bottled.
- The Côte de Beaune is one of the most prestigious areas within the Côte de Or, and produces stellar red and white wines.
- Second chances.
- This recipe for escargot with garlic parsley butter.
- Surprise parties.