Racines is a field blend composed of 12 different white grapes, hand harvested, destemmed and gently pressed prior to spending 30 months in barrels for elevage. Claude and Etienne Courtois are known for doing their wines with extended periods of elevage, resulting in lengthy and serious whites (and some reds.) A transparent, mineral-driven filigree wine, and zero sulfur added.
- Claude Courtois does not consider himself to be a biodynamic vigneron, but he farms a balanced and chemical-free 13 hectares of vines in the Sologne VDP.
- Claude’s son, Etienne is starting to help his father out with the vinification process, and is continuing his father’s legacy at the estate.
- Claude and Etienne refuse to add any chemicals to their vineyard, and have a diverse property where they have fruit trees, woods and fields.
- Mirror gazing.
- Crab legs with drawn butter.
- James Blake’s debut album.