Explore the beauty of Bethlehem.
Philokalia’s Bethlehem Red Blend is a composition of indigenous grapes to the South-Western Hills of Bethlehem in Palestine. The 60+ year old vines thrived on steeply sloping vineyards approximately 870-940m above sea level. After harvest, they were vinified with daily punchdowns and macerated on their skins for 5-6 weeks. The resulting wine is vibrant, dry and structured red.
- Philokalia is a rare winery located in Bethlehem that was established in 2015 to showcase the distinctive terroir and native grapes of this region.
- Palestine is considered one of the oldest wine regions in the world, and the winemaking history here dates back 5,000 years.
- The name Philokalia means “love of the beautiful and the good.”
- The wines are fermented in black clay jars.
- Marinated olives.
- Elegant outdoor picnics.
- Using this bottle as a flower vase.