move over, Provençal rosé.
This German rosé is “fresh,” with a capital F. A pristine pink potion that tastes like strawberry-infused icicles, with the transparent purity of mountain spring water from one of the Rheinhessen’s rising star producers – Florian Fauth.
- Florian makes wines about ten minutes away from the cult producer Keller.
- This wine is composed of 100% Spätburgunder – aka Pinot Noir.
- The limestone soils are the “secret sauce,” that gives this wine its racy minerality.
- Klaus Peter Keller is married to Florian’s sister: clearly good wine runs in the family.
- ice cubes in your glass
- salmon salad
- public fountain dance-off