White Burgundy in the raw.
This 100% Chardonnay from Julien Altaber is like a canary yellow diamond yet to be polished. It sparkles, it’s alive, and maybe even a little rough around the edges. But us folks over here at Domestique think rough edges are quite nice at times, and this is especially with this wine.
- Julien Altaber spent his childhood amongst tractors and cows: basically, the guy was a born farmer.
- After working his first harvest at 16, he knew that winemaking was what he wanted to do for the rest of his life and interned in Mâconnais and Beaujolais.
- Julien eventually got his first winemaking gig working for Catherine and Dominique Derain where he studied Organic and Biodynamic winemaking before starting Domaine Sextant in 2007.
- These parcels of Chardonnay are sourced from the commune of Montbellet in Saône-et-Loire and thrive in the limestone and clay soils.
- Gnocchi in cream sauce with wild mushrooms.
- Barefoot walks in the grass.
- Wild white roses.