Cali Cabernet Franc with a rustic Raffault vibe–
100% Cabernet Franc from the Santa Cruz Mountains-based Cooper Garrod vineyard. The vines thrived in sandy clay loam soils, and were aged for an extended period in barrel. The resulting wine channels bold, classic Cabernet Franc vibes with a Loire Valley sensibility, and makes us think of Loire-based icons like Olga Raffault. Only 45 cases were made of this savory, full-bodied wine.
- Florèz Wines was founded by James Jelks in 2017, and are all about prioritizing old world technique and sensibility in their wines.
- After completing his degree in Oenology at UC Davis, James studied winemaking all over the world for 10 years before starting his own project in Santa Cruz.
- The Cooper Garrod Vineyard is just a few miles from the Mount Eden Estate.
- French dip from P.J. Clarke’s.
- Wearing overalls on a night out.
- Old pipes.