Cashmere soft Cabernet Franc…
Cabernet Franc is typically a big brawny boi, but Nathan Kendall’s expression shows us this grape’s lighter, more gentle side. 100% Cabernet Franc from the Finger Lakes that was basket pressed prior to being aged in barrels for two months and vinified without any sulfur. The Nathan Kendall Primeur channels major Loire Valley vibes, and is a fruitier wine with a texture and weight similar to Pinot Noir.
- Nathan Kendall Wines was founded in 2011 by the Finger Lakes native with the aim of creating old world style wines with minimal intervention.
- Nathan traveled all over the world and learned how to make wine in Sonoma, Willamette Valley, Waipara, Adelaide Hills and the Mosel.
- After fermentation, Nathan’s wines age on gross lees to enhance the texture prior to racking.
- The Cabernet Franc vines are about 25 years old on average and from Dresden, near Seneca Lake.
- Bouquet of freshly picked Rosemary.
- Oven baked bread.
- Old sweaters.
- Maldon salt on a freshly grilled steak.