Burgundian grape lovers – sip the best of both worlds.
Callisto is a co-ferment of 80% Pinot Noir and 20% Chardonnay from the Claus Vineyard in the Round Valley AVA. The vines were sourced from an experimental test vineyard planted by the “godfather” of Mendocino wine, John Parducci. Now folks who love both Pinot and Chard don’t have to choose, with this lighter-bodied wine with major dried cherry vibes.
- This wine was made by Chenoah Ashton Lewis and Will Basanta of Ashanta wines.
- The Pinot Noir and Chardonnay were processed together with 20% whole cluster and the rest gently crushed and de-stemmed, while being left to ferment for one week on the skins prior to being pressed in neutral oak.
- Co-fermentation is a historical technique where multiple varietals are fermented in the same vessel; they believe co-fermentation allows for new naturally derived flavor profiles.
- Saint André cheese (lowkey eating the whole thing in one sitting)
- Home baked bread, fresh from the oven.
- Having your cake (and eating it too.)