A baby Chablis kissed with green apple goodness.
The Vaugiraut Chablis by Lilian Duplessis is sprightly and alive, epitomizing all we love about Chablis. Raised exclusively in stainless steel, this wine is lean and bright, with a lingering finish. You can hang on to this puppy for about 2 years, or drink now.
Domaine Gérard Duplessis spans five generations, and dates back to 1895; Lilian Duplessis took over for his father in 1999.
- The Chardonnay vines thrive in Kimmeridgian Clay and Limestone soils.
- Lilian had the opportunity to study winemaking in New Zealand and other parts of the globe, but the guy knows what he likes – and it’s Chablis.
- Lilian barely uses any sulfur in his wines, and in the 2018 vintage no sulfur was used.
- Outdoor birthday brunches in Spring.
- Lemon Meringue pie.
- Freshly cut daffodils in a mason jar vase.