An immortal unicorn.
Les Clos is Domaine Gérard Duplessis’ only Grand Crus holding. This wine is liquid proof of what mastering one’s craft looks like, with the complexity of a full-blown symphony. Powdery white roses mixed with plenty of acidity and structure. A serious stunner with a capital “s,” meant to be shared with the important people in your life.
- Domaine Gérard Duplessis spans five generations, and dates back to 1895; Lilian Duplessis took over for his father in 1999.
- The Chardonnay vines thrive in Kimmeridgian Clay and Limestone soils.
- Lilian had the opportunity to study winemaking in New Zealand and other parts of the globe, but the guy knows what he likes – and it’s Chablis.
- Lilian barely uses any sulfur in his wines, and in the 2018 vintage no sulfur was used.
- Black tie house parties.
- Writing poems about this wine.
- Leatherbound copy of The Tempest by William Shakespeare.