Get This Party Started.
Shine the spotlight on Pinot Meunier with this 100% single-varietal Champagne from Hervé Rafflin. Though Pinot Meunier typically plays second fiddle to Chardonnay and Pinot Noir in most champagne houses, Hervé Rafflin understands the hidden potential of this varietal. A tension-filled composition of minerality with the playful kiss of fruit, pop the cork on one of these and let the good times roll.
- The small domain with plots in the heart of Montagne de Reims, Chigny-les-Roses, Ludes, Rilly-la-Montagne, and Taissy has been owned by the Rafflin family for 180 years, and passed down from one generation to the other.
- Hervé took over operations at the estate in 2001 and is in the process of converting the 5-hectare vineyard over to organics.
- The vines are on average about 30 years old, consisting mostly of Pinot Meunier with plantings of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir..
- Production at Hervé Rafflin varies from 5,000 to 13,000 bottles annually -- because nature dictates business, not demand.
- Watching fireworks on the rooftop.
- Buttery pound cake + strawberries and cream.
- Light-up dance floors.