2 parcels coming from our Village, Chavot. Here, we would like to present the Quintessence each year in this specific Terroir…
Cultural practices : vines growing with the respect of nature. Influenced by ecoligical methods.
• 50% Chardonnay (1/3 of Chardonnay muscaté). Les Chemins d’Epernay. Clay soils with a little silt stratum in surface. Chalky subsoil. Plots planted in 1957.
• 50% Pinot Noir. Les Rouges Maisons. Soil fairly deep with an important presence of clay, flints and schists. Chalky subsoils. Plots planted in 1983.
• Picked up by hand when fully ripen, traditional press.
• Alcoholic fermentation in barrels.
• Malolactic fermentation not made.
• Ageing on fine lees. Dosage : disgorgment by hand. 3,5 Gr /l.
Tasting notes : - Jancis Robinson : Very focused indeed. presumably because there is no malo and the Pinot is grown on limestone. Very marked acidity and crystalline structure. Super fresh and racy – a sort of Saar style of champagne!
- Laherte Champagne