Elegant and complex Austrian Chardonnay.
Some things are just special. The Salamandar Chardonnay is a rare, elegant and serious expression of Chardonnay from Styria, Austria. This complicated white wine has loads of lively acidity and herbal characteristics - with just a kiss of butter and cream. Meant to be enjoyed now, or cellared for a couple years.
- Andreas Tscheppe and his wife Elisabeth have been cultivating vines since 2006 on their biodynamic vineyards.
- He is a staunch supporter of biodynamic viticulture, and his soils team with life; you can find plenty of butterflies, beetles, and salamanders at the property.
- When asked about why he commits to biodynamics, he says it’s because he wants to like the person he sees when he looks in the mirror.
- The vines were pressed in 300,1800 and 2000 liter barrels prior to fermenting spontaneously, being racked 3 times and bottled with zero sulfur added.
- This hanging wisteria garland.
- Mix and match goblets.
- Foraging for mushrooms.
- Walks after a rainstorm.