Le good shit.
Baudry is to Chinon as to The Rolling Stones is to Rock & Roll, or a delicious pizza is to food, or Shakespeare is to – well, you get it. This iconic producer specializes in masterful expressions of Cabernet Franc from the Loire Valley. Les Grezeaux is sourced from 65 year old Cabernet Franc vines in a 3-hectare gravel plot. The vines were all harvested by hand, destemmed, and fermented in cement prior to resting for 12 months in neutral barrels.
- Bernard Baudry studied viticulture in Beaune, and returned to the Loire Valley to operate as a consultant in Tours.
- In 1975, he purchased a two hectare plot in Cravant-les-Coteaux, a village where almost half the production of Chinon is sourced.
- The cellars of the winery are carved out of tuffeau behind the winery.
- The album “Sticky Fingers.”
- Côte de Boeuf and fries (with garlic aioli)
- Drinking a glass of this with Ray Bans on.