Classic Syrah from Saint Jo that’s ready to go.
As a wine region, Saint Joseph in the Northern Rhône is known for yielding Syrahs with a certain finesse, and the Herve Souhaut Syrah 2020 is no exception. A stunning composition of baked blackberries, rosemary, freshly cracked black pepper and chalky tannins. This richly-hued beauty doesn’t need much time before she’s ready to be enjoyed. The perfect dining companion!
- Hervé Sohaut and his wife Béatrice created Domaine Romaneaux-Destezet in 1993; and he oversees 5 hectares of ancient vines between 50-100 years old that look out over Hermitage.
- Hervé’s goal as a vigneron is to craft drinkable wines that are balanced between freshness, fruit, acidity and tannin.
- The Organically-farmed Syrah vines are 30 years old and undergo a long maceration period on their stems.
- This wine is fermented in wooden tanks and aged on fine lees in neutral oak casks for eight months.
- Roasted cornish hens.
- Dinner party on any holiday.
- Late night convos around these electric fireplaces.