Freshly picked berries by the sea.
This blend of Gamay and Gamay Teinturier was grown in Muscadet Country, vinified in fiberglass and fermented with wild yeasts. The unique terroir and proximity to the Atlantic Ocean lend this wine a distinctive marine-driven spine. La Decrue was unfined, unfiltered and vinified with zero sulfur.
- Philippe Chevarin is a vigneron who has led multiple lives: he initially was an audio engineer for artists like Vanessa Paradis before he found wine.
- Gamay Teinturier is a darker-skinned version of Gamay.
- Philippe tends 5.3 hectares within the Muscadet des Coteaux-de-la-Loire and Coteaux d’Ancenis.
- Steak tartare and French fries.
- Day at the beach.
- This clip of Vanessa Paradis singing “Be My Baby”