A feisty - yet friendly - weeknight red from the Piedmonte.
100% Dolcetto fermented in stainless steel tanks with indigenous yeasts for added vibrancy and lift. Ferdinando Principiano is one of the natty wine rockstars within the Piedmonte, and this Dolcetto is a great introduction to his winemaking style. A rustic - yet fruity and floral - wine with plenty of cherry aromas.
- Vigneri Ferdinando Principiano inherited the property from his father, Americo Principiano who founded the estate in the 1950s.
- Ferdinando has gone well beyond organic farming, and has purchased neighboring forests and created a pond at the base of his Boscareto cru that is a home for migratory birds.
- Dolcetto means “little sweet one,” in Italian and with this grape’s tannins, we’re assuming the name is meant to be ironic.
- In 2003, Ferdinando converted the property to natural winemaking practices.
- Beef Agnolotti with pomodoro sauce.
- Smelling freshly picked basil leaves.
- Game of connect four.