A liquid moment in time.
Embryo is a highly personal wine to Chenoah and Will over at Ashanta Wines. This Syrah-based stunner is made from fruit that was sourced from Chenoah’s grandparent’s 3 acre vineyard. The vines were organically-farmed, and vinified with zero intervention prior to resting in neutral oak barrels for 8 months. Elegant and characterful, with loads of black fruit and cracked pepper qualities.
- This wine was made by Chenoah Ashton Lewis and Will Basanta of Ashanta wines.
- Chenoah’s grandparents, Stephen and Justine Ashton met in Sonoma at a spiritual commune, and married after knowing each other for 6 days.
- They found a property in the foothills of the Sonoma Mountain, and grew Pinot Noir, Gewürtztraminer and Syrah.
- The Nun’s Fire in 2017 destroyed their property, taking everything with it, and Embryo was made from revitalized vines as an homage to Chenoah’s grandparents.
- Dinner with family.
- Roast leg of lamb.
- The song Heartbeats - José Gonzalez cover.