The Les Chemins de L’Arkose “Fleuve Tranquille” White is composed of 100% Aligoté, yielding aromas of freshly picked Criterion apples and baked pear. Though round and generous, this wine has a racing throughline of minerality that gives it a little bit of structure and pep.
Les Chemins de L’Arkose is an Auvergne-based vineyard and orchard run by Yvan Bernard and Audrey Baldassin.
- Auvergne is a region in Southern Central France, bordered by the Rhône Alps, that specializes in Gamay-based Rosés.
- Fleuve Tranquille means, “Tranquil River,” in English.
- The Aligoté vines were grafted on American Rootstock SO4, which is highly resistant to phylloxera and cooler climates.
- Afternoons on a tire swing.
- Lemon angel food cake with strawberries.
- Weekend retreat at your friend’s cottage.