The Weingut Schmitt Winery produces some of the most exciting biodynamic wines from the Rheinhessen region of Germany to date. This is a blend of biodynamically-farmed Merlot, Sankt Laurent, Portugieser, Blaufränkisch and Spätburgunder. After fermenting in neutral oak, the wine is lined with notes of tart but firm forest berries and summer fruits.
- Weingut Schmitt has been family-owned for over 200 years, and is currently helmed by Bianka and Daniel Schmitt.
- Since the 2010s, the estate has been farmed biodynamically and is one of the 80 producers to be Demeter Certified.
- Portugieser is a red grape that thrives along the Blue Danube, and is known for its spicy aromas.
- Rain in the summer
- Strolling around Georgetown
- Seasonal toppings on Pizza