This skin contact Grüner from Schrammel 2.0 is bright, funky and profoundly fun. Alternativ Weiss was produced by Nicole and Daniel Schrammel at their micro winery in the Weinviertel region of Austria. The Grüner vines are biodynamically farmed and vinified in glass demijohns. The final beverage is aged with extended lees contact in stainless steel tanks prior to being bottled in clay bottles.
- Daniel and Nicole fell hard for a “diamond in the rough,” parcel - a parcel of old vines that was about to be uprooted from the family plot.
- 2015 was the first vintage made by the family, which was a small portion of Gruner Veltliner grown by Daniel and bottled for the regional market.
- The family grows St. Laurent, Merlot, and Rösler as well.
- They grow fruit trees and vegetables amongst the vines.
- Using this vase as a water carafe after finishing the bottle.
- Dynamite rolls.
- Sunny days.