An autumn forest walk in a bottle.
This amber wine is a work of art! The Kakhuri Mtsvani is made from Mtsvani, an indigenous Georgian varietal, done in qvevri. A textured wine with a nose full of caramel butterscotch, wild mountain herbs, and white pepper.
- Gabriel is an Orthodox Christian monk who learned to make wine in a 6th Century Monastery Shio Mgvime before returning to his childhood home and making wine with his friends.
- This wine is made in the Eastern winemaker region, Kakheti, which is home to about 75% of Georgia’s vineyards.
- Qvevri are round terracotta vessels used for aging wine. (Basically the OG wine barrel.) Oftentimes they're buried in the ground and can impart an aromatic, oxidative quality to the wines inside of them.
- Mtsvani is a Georgian varietal that has plenty of acidity and floral aromas.
- Getting high and listening to this.
- Ethiopian Beyaynetu with Injera.