This bottle of Lambrusco was crafted to honor the famous medieval Countess Matilde of Canossa, a figure who played a key role during the fight of the papacy and the empire around the 11th and 12th Century. The wine is a blend of two Lambrusco grapes, Salamino and Ancellotta, both organically and biodynamically farmed. Juicy yet savory, with a pinkish sparkle.
- Giuseppe and Raffaela are all about crafting Lambrusco that "hits different" within their property in San Benedetto Po in Southern Lombardy.
- They are farmers first, and work the land organically.
- Salamino adds plenty of color to the wine and Ancelotta adds some spiciness.
- Chunks of parm drizzled with balsamic.
- Wearing a tiara while drinking this.
- Coupes over flutes.