Three words: Orange. Wine. Goals.
Feast your eyes upon the ultimate orange from Canary Islands-based producer Borja Perez. 100% Listan Blanco from a parcel of 50+ year old vines, this wine is loaded with all the tangy, tart, goodness extended skin contact brings. A savory wine that makes us think of a sachet of dried chamomile tea.
- Borja Perez was a former racing car mechanic who inherited his family’s winery in 2011 and decided to try his hand at winemaking. He is now one of the stars of the region.
- Listan Blanco is another word for “Palomino Fino,” a grape commonly known for sherry production.
- The Listan Blanco vines are over 50 years old, and were fermented with native yeast in a 500L barrel, prior to being pressed and aged for an additional 16 months. The wine was aged in bottle for 4 more years prior to release.
- Borja Perez is all about refocusing wine production on indigenous varieties like Listan Blanco, Listan Negro, Marmajuelo, Viajariego Negro and Baboso Negro.
- This Mark Rothko painting.
- Mezze platter with stuffed grape leaves, baba ganoush.
- Pet yoga class with your pooch.