A liquid reminder to look on the bright side.
Emmenez Moi is a brilliant triumph after an incredibly difficult year in the Loire. Composed of 100% Menu Pineau, this wine has loads of orchard fruit aromas yet still has Marie Rocher’s laserlike acidity. The wine was named after the Charles Aznabour song Marie Lapierre used to sing during harvest, which reminds her of Chez Lapierre. She says, “To me it is about looking at the large horizon, the light and positive energy of life, people…”
- Marie and her father were in the publishing business, and would have a table at Les Vins du Coin, a Natural Wine tasting fair.
- After her father passed, Marie Rocher was a wine writer for many years before becoming a vigneronne, and was trained by Pascal and Moses at Les Capriades.
- She loves “music, dancing, singing and eating. These are the pleasures of life. The direct pleasure of life, the most simple one and the best!”
- Marie Rocher has a marmalade side project, and she ships those to Korea alongside her wines.
- This newsletter documenting the time team Domestique visited her in the Summer of ‘22.
- Glass half full.
- Cotton candy.