Beautiful bodacious bubbles from Franken.
This blend of 45 year old Sylvaner, Muller-Thurgau, Scheurebe, Bacchus and Sylvaner is a fruity, aromatic and bodacious bubbly babe! The grapes were hand-harvested then direct pressed into 10-year-old 1250 liter barrels and pressed with an 80 year old basket press. The wine underwent secondary fermentation spontaneously in bottle, with zero sulfur added.
- Andi Weigand took over winemaking duties from his Dad in 2015, and in 2018 he converted the family’s property over to Organic and Natural winemaking.
- He works in conjunction with his father, and his vineyards are located within Iphöfer Kronsberg - the Sylvaner capital of Germany.
- He uses an 80 year old basket press and very large wooden barrels for all his wines.
- His wines are made unfined and unfiltered, with zero sulfur added.
- The song, “Body” by Brando.
- Sniffing every flower on your morning walk to work.
- Sushi of all kinds.