Fall’s favorite Pinot.
The Shelter Pinot Noir “Lovely Lilly” is one of the better value Pinot Noirs out there. This wine is from the Baden, a German region lying on the French border with Alsace. A super refreshing wine, with plenty of minerality and just a kiss of smokiness that is perfect for folks who like more delicate and polished Pinot Noirs over those oaky, weightier ones.
- Shelter is a husband and wife duo composed of Hans-Bert Espe and Silke Wolf who farm their few hectares of vines in the Baden.
- Their vineyards are north of Kaiserstuhl, with a cool microclimate and volcanic soils mixed with limestone and loess.
- The name “Shelter,” came from the name of the old Canadian hanger they rented at the beginning of their wine journey to house their operation.
- Giving this to your friend who only drinks Cali Pinot (and watching their brain explode.)
- Poultry of any and all kinds.
- Elegant dinners.