This blend of 35% Cabernet Franc, 32% Côt, 24% Gamay, 4% Pinot Noir and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon was inspired by the Touraine rouge cuvées of the Loire Valley. Never too boozy or heavy, this subtle, spicy, medium-bodied red wine has very pretty threads of minerality woven throughout.
- The 2020 vintage was a challenging one, due to the wild fires on the West Coast, leading to a decrease in production.
- Côt = another word for Malbec and lends a soft richness to this bottling.
- The vines that compose the final blend are sourced from the Applegate AVA in Southern Oregon because it mirrors the Loire in terms of climate and granite soil.
- Division Wine Company is a Portland Oregon-based urban winery that crafts wines inspired by the Loire, Beaujolais, and the Rhône Valley.
- Steak frites.
- Ordering two bottles at dinner.
- Falling asleep to old movies.