Sushi night sure just got more interesting.
Kamara Estate does it again with their travel(ish) sized bottle of Non Vintage Restina. Restina is traditionally enjoyed in Greece, and is found everywhere from taverns to swanky spots. This wine was fermented with small amounts of Aleppo Pine Resin to give the wine its unique mountainous aroma. Citrus clouds with a fresh, alpine breeze.
- Kamara Estate is run by the Kioutsoukis family, who immigrated from East Romilya in the early 1900s to the Thessaloniki region. Nearly 100 years later, Dimitrios Kioutsoukis fulfilled the family dream of starting a winery.
- Dimitrios’ plantings are in the Mygdonia region of Northern Greece, and ancient vines were abandoned there in the 1900s due to the global phylloxera outbreak.
- The philosophy at Kamara Estate is, “Nature is the real winemaker, man is her assistant.”
- The addition of pine sap dates back to ancient times, when the wines were carried in animal skin vessels and the pine sap was used to seal any holes that would appear in the material.
- Rainbow rolls.
- Putting a bottle of this in your purse/coat before attending a family reunion.
- Striped straws.