Beautifully tempered, yet wild at heart.
A stunning, elegant, and friendly expression of Saint Joseph that is composed of Syrah. A cloud of violets, orange and anise at first blush, followed by all that peppery goodness we know and love from the Northern Rhône.
- Hervé Sohaut and his wife Béatrice created Domaine Romaneaux-Destezet in 1993; and he oversees 5 hectares of ancient vines between 50-100 years old that look out over Hermitage.
- Hervé’s goal as a vigneron is to craft drinkable wines that are balanced between freshness, fruit, acidity and tannin.
- The winery was built in Béatrice’s family’s old hunting lodge..
- The Syrah vines for Sainte Epine grow right behind Hervé and Béatrice’s home, and are over 100 years old.
- Slow dance to Barry Moves by Allan Rayman.
- Smoking in a dark room.
- Medium rare steak - Tomahawk cut.