Good things come to those who wait.
This 100% Cabernet Franc, sourced from organically farmed vines, is about as serious and soulful as a wine gets. The vines were harvested and aged in neutral barrique for 18 months, with a touch of sulfur at bottling. Sure, you could drink it now – but we recommend hanging on to this one and watching it evolve and grow.
- Sylvain Dittiere grew up in Saumur, where his family earned their living growing roses.
- He studied oenology and interned with Gerard Gauby, Marc Tempe, Thierry Germain and Antoine Foucault.
- The Cabernet Franc vines are planted on sand, silt and clay with a subsoil of limestone.
- Sylvain also goes by the nickname “TonTon”
- Storing this puppy in a cool, dark and odorless place.
- Velvet armchairs.
- Rack of lamb.