A love letter to the Shasta-Cascade Mtn range.
This blend composed of 30% Trousseau, 20% Mondeuse, 10% Blaufränkisch, 20% Pinot Noir and 20% Pinot Gris from Iruai is a love letter to the winery’s new home in the Scott Valley up in Siskiyou County, California. The Iruai wines are made in some of the most interesting terroir in the world, up in the Shasta-Cascade Mountain range of Northern California. This bohemian blend makes us think of marionberries dipped in Mezcal, with a hint of Palo Santo wafting through the air.
- Iruai was started in 2013 by Chad and Michelle Westbrook Hinds in Berkeley, CA as a gypsy natural wine project, before settling in the Shasta-Cascade Mountains.
- They use avant garde vineyard planting and rehabilitation techniques from Masanobu Fukoka and some ideas of their own.
- Chad and Michelle describe the unique terroir of Western Siskiyou County as a cross between Switzerland and Montana; lending their wines an alpine vibe.
- Mondeuse is a red grape typically grown within the Savoie region that has the spiciness of Syrah and the lighter body of Gamay.
- Tarot readings
- The song “Anemone” by Brian Jonestown Massacre.