Jura-inspired gypsy juice.
This blend of 20% Savagnin, 20% Grüner Veltliner, 20% Chardonnay, 20% Savagnin Rose Musqué and 20% Riesling hails from the Trinity Lakes and Rogue Valley AVAs of the Shasta-Cascade region. A wine with all the herbaceous and funky qualities of the Jura we know and love, done in some of the most distinctive Cali terroir you’ll ever find!
- Iruai was started in 2013 by Chad and Michelle Westbrook Hinds - formerly of Methode Sauvage - in Berkeley, CA as a gypsy natural wine project, before settling in the Shasta-Cascade Mountains.
- They use avant garde vineyard planting and rehabilitation techniques from Masanobu Fukoka and some ideas of their own.
- Chad and Michelle describe the unique terroir of Western Siskiyou County as a cross between Switzerland and Montana; lending their wines an alpine vibe.
- Savagnin is an aromatic white grape that grows in Jura, often used for Vin Jaune.
- This playlist from Iruai.
- Mushroom pizza - can be magic or Portabella.
- Margarita in the snow.