This rosé understands the assignment.
Ummmm….. Excuse me, Château Simone? Is that you? Oh. We stand corrected. This serious, elegant AF and powdery rosé demands all your attention. Produced from Merlot - yeah Merlot - that would normally have gone into Kitsune, Laura from Inconnu decided to harvest these grapes early to avoid smoke taint from the wildfires in 2020. She raised this wine for 12 months in barrel prior to release.
- Inconnu Wines was started by Laura Brennan Bissell, a fabulously interesting individual and self-taught vigneronne. Prior to making wine, Laura studied to be a tattoo artist, toured around the US with bands, and performed poetry in Barcelona.
- Laura takes a very level-headed, non-dogmatic approach to crafting the best wine possible and sources her fruit from Sonoma, Clarksburg, Contra Costa County and more.
- Laura describes smell as the “driving force for many decisions in my life,” and chose winemaking because it allowed her to work in a cocoon of olfaction.
- A decanter - we would recommend.
- Cream puffs - after eating a burger.
- Drinking a glass of this at an old fashioned vanity.