Adorable, aromatic skin contact.
Alexander and Maria Koppitsch both understand that skin contact wines often trigger intense reactions, and the wine “Touch” poses the question: have you ever had an orange wine that did not touch you? Chances are – probably not. Their expression of orange comes from 50% Gemischter Satz and 50% Welschriesling. This wine underwent carbonic maceration, yielding the perfect mixture of minerality from white varietals, and earthy tannins from the skin contact.
- Alexander and Maria Koppitsch - husband and wife winemaking wonder duo - want to create wines that “bring you this kind of easy feeling of joy.”
- The vines were in Alex’s family after Alex’s grandfather went missing during WW2 and was a prisoner of war; he founded the estate when he returned home.
- Alex and Maria met at a local bar, and 3 months later she was pregnant with their first son Jakob - all while they took over the winery.
- Jakob - all while they took over the winery. Gemischter Satz is a field blend, and some of the varietals in the blend are Grüner Veltliner, Brauner Veltliner, Weissburgunder, Welschriesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Traminer, Muscat, Neuberger and many more.
- Hand holding.
- Figure drawing classes.
- The song “A Case of You” by Joni Mitchell.