Surprising, soulful, skin contact.
The Haarmeyer Wine Cellars Skin Contact Riesling is 100% Riesling sourced from the Wirz Vineyard, planted in 1963. The vines thrive on soils composed of limestone and granite. All fruit was destemmed, fermented in open top vats on skins and pressed at dryness. Majorly spicy ginger and citrus vibes make this a cult-y orange; grab some while you can.
- Haarmeyer Wine Cellars is a family team that started in 2008 with fruit from a vineyard near the town of Galt, California.
- The folks at Haarmeyer were initially interested in making wines from Spanish and Portuguese varieties, while showcasing Sacramento terroir - the process has continued to evolve.
- The Wirz vineyard was planted by Almaden in 1963, and was a small vineyard back when big wineries were planting vines on their own roots and doing furrow irrigation.
- This site rests just east of the San Andreas Fault and is about 1,000 feet above sea level.
- Chicken satay with peanut sauce.
- Bare shoulders.