The Benje Tinto is from old vine parcels of Listan Prieto (Mission) and Tintilla that grow at 1,000 meters elevation. Each parcel is hand harvested and vinified separately, some in concrete and others in open tubs. A party-sized, peppery, flowery, volcano red that demands you pair it with grilled meat, thankyouverymuch.
- 60% of the fruit for this cuvée comes from the La Habanera plot on volcanic sand at the highest elevation, and 40% comes from the older San Antonio plot lower on the slope with more clay.
- Laura, Jose, Roberto and Alfonso (the friends who comprise Envinate) all met while studying viticulture at the University of Miguel Hernandez in Alicante.
- Listan Negro is a grape indigenous to the Canary Islands, and it typically has aromas of smoke, cherries, bananas and spice.
- Lamb burgers with tzatziki.
- Weekend camping trips in the mountains.
- This Werner Herzog doc.