Spirited, sensational Sauvignon Blanc.
This expression of 100% Sauvignon Blanc is sourced from 35 year old vines from self-taught vigneronne, Valérie Forgues. The vines are organically farmed, and the resulting wine makes us think of grapefruit sake made from glacier water. A pristine and transparent wine with one hell of a story to tell – read below for more.
- Valérie was a stay at home mom who never thought she’d become a vigneronne; winemaking was her husband’s dream and they bought a property in the Loire together.
- In 2008, after her husband left, she was alone at the estate facing bankruptcy and the possibility of having to uproot her sons from the home they grew up in.
- With no viticultural experience, she rolled up her sleeves and took over the 16-hectare property on her own.
- Fortunately, her two neighbors Catherine Roussel and Didier Barrouillet of Clos Roche Blanche struck up a relationship with her, and offered her guidance about organic farming along the way.
- As of 2016 the property is all harvested by hand, and the resulting wines have never been better.
- The song, “Valerie” by Amy Winehouse on Vinyl.
- Toasting your successes.
- Rainbow roll.