Savory, sophisticated, soup-ed up Gamay.
Philippe Chevarin’s VDF Rouge is composed of 100% Gamay and was intentionally declassified as Vin De France. Philippe chooses not to vinify wines with sulfur, and this wine was whole cluster pressed and vinified for 7-10 days semi-carbonic in fiberglass tanks. This Gamay has Burgundian qualities, and is the perfect mixture of fruit and earthy funk.
- Philippe Chevarin is a vigneron who has led multiple lives: he initially was an audio engineer for artists like Vanessa Paradis before he found wine.
- These 30 year old vines of Gamay are grown in Schist, Quartz and Sandstone.
- Semi-Carbonic maceration is when half the grapes are whole-cluster fermented without oxygen and the other half are destemmed.
- This wine *may* have been named after the Sentinels in X Men.
- Giving this bottle to your Pinot-loving friend.
- Jazz music - like Mel Tormé’s rendition of “Round Midnight”
- Swiss raclette.