A throwback to the golden age of Cali Zin.
Beautifully crafted, elegant, and ageable Zinfandel is more and more of a rare find these days. That’s why we were so excited about the Les Lunes “Venturi Vineyard” Zinfandel. This 100% Zinfandel from Mendocino County is bright and lean with aromas of licorice and fresh boysenberry.
- Shaunt Oungoulian and Diego Roig teamed up to create Les Lunes in an effort to craft natural wines that epitomize an agable, classic, California style.
- The Organically-farmed Zinfandel vines are 70 years old, and thrive in the Venturi Vineyard’s mixture of alluvial, loam, riverstone, and hillside soils.
- Shaunt and Diego vinify their wines in the basement of Shaunt’s parent’s home in Orinda, just east of Berkeley.
- Zinfandel is considered one of California’s “Heritage Grapes,” and was the leading winemaking grape in the state before Prohibition in the 1920s.
- Listening to the Beach Boys on vinyl.
- Barbecue chicken, Santa Maria-style.
- Adirondack chairs.