Chenin Blanc made by a legend of the Loire.
Chenin Blanc-lovers finally have their equivalent of a Grand Cru Burg. Introducing Thibaud Boudignon’s Savennieres Clos Fremine, an utterly transparent masterpiece consisting of 100% Chenin Blanc from a lieu-dit that was the site of a former monastery. The vines were planted in 2015 and farmed organically prior to being vinified without malolactic fermentation. The wine spends a small amount of time in 350 liter oak barrels.
- Thibaud Boudignon is originally from Bordeaux, and spent some time working at Château Olivier and Château Lafite Rothschild prior to working under Philippe Charlopin in the Côte de Nuits.
- His grandfather François lived in the South of France and grew table grapes.
- In the vineyard, Thibaud practices biodynamic viticulture; no vinification decisions are made until all the fruit is harvested.
- Thibaud has 7 hectares of vines - 5 hectares in Savennières and 2 hectares in Anjou.
- Kung Pao Chicken.
- Day at the Louvre.
- Buying two bottles so you can age one.